- 1¼ cups (375 mL) angel food cake mix
- ½ cup (125 mL) water
- 3 cups (750 mL) Coffee Ice Cream
- ¼ cup (50 mL) coffee flavored liqueur, divided
- 2 oz (60 g) semisweet chocolate, shaved and divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Combine the angel food cake mix and water, then pour the batter into the assembled Ice Cream Cake Pan. Bake for 30–35 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely, then slice the cake into 1” (2.5-cm) thick layers. Reserve two of the layers for the ice cream cake, and save the scraps for another use.
- Place one layer of the cake into the base of the Ice Cream Cake Pan and baste with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the liqueur. Place 1½ cups (375 mL) of the ice cream on top of the cake and spread evenly. Sprinkle with ¼ cup (50 mL) of the chocolate shavings. Repeat with another layer of the remaining cake, liqueur, ice cream, and chocolate.
- Cover and freeze the assembled cake for at least 4 hours, or until the ice cream is firm.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per Serving: Calories 220, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 150 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g, Sugars 22 g, Protein 3 g