3 cups (750 mL) uncooked instant brown rice
2 1/4 cups (550 mL) water
1 cup (250 mL) lite coconut milk (shake before opening)
1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) Asian Seasoning Mix
2 tbsp (30 mL) creamy peanut butter
2 tbsp (30 mL) reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp (30 mL) cornstarch
Vegetables & Toppings
3 medium carrots, peeled
2 medium yellow squash
2 medium zucchini
1 medium red bell pepper
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) frozen shelled edamame, thawed
1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil
4 garlic cloves
1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh basil leaves
1/3 cup (75 mL) lightly salted dry roasted peanuts
- Combine rice and water in Rice Cooker Plus; microwave, covered, on HIGH 12 minutes. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut sauce ingredients; set aside.
- Using Veggie Strip Maker, grate carrots, squash and zucchini into long strips (be careful to avoid the seeds with zucchini and squash) over large Glass Mixing Bowl (see cook’s tips).
- Cut off ends of bell pepper; cut into four pieces to separate from seeds; cut pieces in half. Slice bell pepper with Spiral & Slice over mixing bowl. Add edamame to bowl; toss vegetables thoroughly with Large Chef’s Tongs.
- Heat oil in Stir-Fry Skillet or 12” (30-cm) Skillet over medium heat 3–5 minutes. Press garlic into Skillet with Garlic Press; cook and stir 30–45 seconds or until fragrant. Whisk coconut sauce and add to Skillet, stir until thickened (less than 1 minute).
- Add vegetables to Skillet; toss well to coat. Cook, uncovered, 3–6 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften and mixture is heated through, stirring frequently.
- Place basil in 1-cup (250-mL) Prep Bowl; snip with Professional Shears. Chop peanuts with Food Chopper. Remove Skillet from heat. Top with basil and peanuts. Serve immediately over rice.
servings of 6 ½ cup/125 mL rice and 1 cup/250 mL vegetables
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 380, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 280 mg, Carbohydrate 52 g, Fiber 7 g, Protein 15 g