- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2½ cups (625 mL) mini marshmallows
- 3½ cups (825 mL) (gluten-free) fruity rice cereal (like Fruity Pebbles®
- 2 cups (500 mL) thawed frozen whipped topping or your favorite ice cream
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Once melted, add the marshmallows and stir until they’re completely melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the cereal. Use the Classic Scraper to stir the cereal and marshmallow mixture until the cereal is completely coated.
- Press the frame onto one tray of the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker. Evenly divide half of the cereal mixture into each well, pressing firmly with the scraper to cover the bottom of each well. Once all six wells are filled, remove the frame and repeat with the other tray. Let the cereal treats cool completely.
- Fill each well with ⅓ cup (75 mL) of whipped topping or ice cream. Level the filling to the top of the frame and remove any excess filling. Top the filling with the remaining cereal squares, cover with the other tray, and freeze for at least 4 hours, or overnight for best results.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving (1 sandwich): Calories 240, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 105 mg, Carbohydrate 38 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 22 g, Protein 1 g
Press the frame into the tray to help shape the cereal mixture.
Work with one tray at a time to keep the cereal treats from hardening before pressing them into the wells.