- Lightened-Up Asian Vinaigrette
- ½ cup (125 mL) low-sodium vegetable broth
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) honey
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp (.5 mL) red pepper flakes
- ½ seedless cucumber, cut in half crosswise
- ½ large bulk carrot, peeled, top removed
- ½ small red bell pepper, quartered
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced red cabbage
- ¼ cup (50 mL) freshly packed cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup (125 mL) diced cooked chicken
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dry roasted peanuts
- Prepare vinaigrette by combining all ingredients in the Measure Mix & Pour®.
- Spiralize cucumber using the fettuccine blade on the Veggie Spiralizer. Occasionally snip the noodles with the Professional Shears. Blot the cucumber noodles with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Place 1 cup (250 mL) of the noodles in the bottom of the Make & Take Mason Jar; reserve extra for another use.
- Spiralize the carrot using the same blade; set aside.
- Place bell pepper piece, skin-side down, on the base of the Quick Slice; slice. Layer slices on top of the cucumber noodles. Repeat with other bell pepper pieces. When layering, occasionally tap jar to settle layers and allow for more room for filling.
- Place 1 cup (250 mL) of the carrot noodles on top o
- f the bell pepper; reserve extra noodles for another use.
- Layer with cabbage, chopped cilantro, and chicken, tapping down as needed. Add 2 tbsp (30 mL) vinaigrette to the container lid. Reserve remaining dressing for another use.
- When you’re ready to eat, top with peanuts. Add dressing, shake, and enjoy!
- 1 servings
Nutrients per serving:Calories 330, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Sodium 480 mg, Carbohydrate 23 g, Fiber 7 g, Sugars 12 g, Protein 32 g
Cooked chicken should be eaten within 3–4 days. If you’re storing a salad in the jar for a couple of days, add your chicken the day you plan to eat it.