- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh corn kernels
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded, coarsely chopped
- ½ red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 large jalapeño peppers, sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 pkg (14 oz or 397 g) tortilla chips
- 2 pkg (8 oz/227 g each) shredded Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese (4 cups/1 L)
- 1 can (15 oz or 540 g) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) snipped fresh cilantro
- Sour cream, diced avocado, or chopped fresh tomatoes (optional)
- Preheat the grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat.
- Combine the vegetables and oil in a large bowl and toss to coat. Spread the vegetable mixture onto the Rockcrok® Grill Stone. Grill, covered, for 14–16 minutes without stirring, until charred. Remove the stone from the grill. Transfer the vegetables to the same mixing bowl and set aside.
- Layer half of the chips, cheese, black beans, and vegetable mixture onto the stone; repeat layering. Grill the nachos, covered, for 5–7 minutes or until the cheese is melted; remove the stone from the grill.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and add toppings, if desired.