- 1 cup (250 mL) walnut halves, toasted
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) butter (1½ sticks)
- 4 oz (125 g) unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 16 large marshmallows
- 20 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Coarsely chop walnuts using Chef’s Knife. Place walnuts in (1-cup/250-mL) Prep Bowl; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in Small Batter Bowl. Cut butter into pieces and chop unsweetened chocolate; place butter and unsweetened chocolate into Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until mostly melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and eggs to chocolate mixture; whisk until smooth using Stainless Whisk. Fold in flour mixture and 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the walnuts until incorporated using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. Pour batter into Deep Covered Baker, spreading evenly. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 5-7 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean and edges are firm. Carefully remove baker from microwave using Silicone Oven Mitts.
- Meanwhile, snip marshmallows in half crosswise using Professional Shears. Top brownie with marshmallows, chocolate kisses and remaining 1/2 cup (125 mL) walnuts. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows start to soften. Remove baker from microwave. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Spoon onto plates; serve with ice cream, if desired.
12 servings of
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 420, Total Fat 26 g, Saturated Fat 13 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Sodium 230 mg, Carbohydrate 48 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 6 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving: No information is currently available.
To toast walnuts, place walnuts in Large Micro-Cooker®; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 3-5 minutes or until toasted, stirring every 30 seconds.
To bake in a conventional oven, prepare brownie batter as directed in Steps 1 and 2. Pour batter into baker. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F (180°C) 42-46 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Top with marshmallows, chocolate candies and remaining walnuts. Cover and bake an additional 5 minutes or until marshmallows start to soften. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes